axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Wal...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.4 and .NET interop
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:58:00 GMT
Yes.
My client is a .NET application. We use Doc/Literal-wrapped. My web
service is hosted on WebSphere 6.1. (It uses IBM's home-grown
implementation of the JAX-RPC standard. We are not using Axis on this
project, but previous projects I was on used Axis 1.3 and had .NET
clients. There were no issues once both parties agreed to the interface
layout and schema). No java objects of any kind are transferred. We
wrote a lot of XML Schema to represent the data going back and forth.

As long as you keep to using doc/literal-wrapped, and use schema to
represent all data passed, you should have no issues with .NET.
Read the IBM web page I put in the link below, It's a very good article
and spells it out nicely.
-jeff

  _____

From: M N [mailto:mnsweeps1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:38 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Axis 1.4 and .NET interop

	Jeff

	I am using WRAPPED/LITERAL style in WSDL. My question was about
java specific objects. Have you been successful in integrating .NET
client with axis 1.4 WS using the wrapped/literal approach ?

	MN

	"Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Walker@fmr.com> wrote:

		Anne means Document Literal Wrapped style.
		Go here to see a good definition of the 4 major styles:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/
		The style we are advocating means you need to write XML
Schema and place it into your wsdl file. Then you run your wsdl file
through WSDL2Java to generate a bunch of serializer and deserializer
classes. The command is something like:
		%>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --server-side
--skeletonDeploy true <web_service_name>.wsdl
		Regards,
		-jeff

  _____