axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ab <a_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] - Incorrect operation name in SOAP response under Load
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:01:33 GMT
We're encountering a strange issue during the Load Test of our Webservice (using Axis2) on
IBM Websphere 6.1. Under high loads, the function name in the response is being returned incorrectly.
For example,  if the SOAP request is for getABC(), the correct code is being executed by the
webservice and the correct data is being returned but the name of the function in the SOAP
response is getXYZ instead. Note, getXYZ is also a valid operation in the Webservice but the
call was not made to it.  No errors in app server logs and under low volumes everything works
great.

RESPONSE:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
        <soapenv:Body>
            <ns:getXYZ xmlns:ns="http://webservice.edars.eo/xsd">  <----- INSTEAD
OF getABC ----->
                <ns:return>
                    <----CORRECT DATA BEING RETURNED HERE ---->
                </ns:return>
            </ns:getXYZ> <----- INSTEAD OF getABC ----->
        </soapenv:Body>

  </soapenv:Envelope>

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas as to how to tackle it? I've never encountered this
in Axis 1.x and am wondering if there's some caching
etc going on that may be causing it by multi-thread access. Saw below in JIRA  and was wondering
if there was any relation?? Appreciate your input.

AXIS2-2794
                                                - Axis2 contexts use unsyncronized HashMap
instead of Hashtables

                Created: 11/Jun/07 12:33 PM
                Updated: 11/Jun/07 02:44 PM

            Component/s:

        kernel

            Affects Version/s:

        1.3

            Fix Version/s:

    None

			 Description

    « Hide

Axis2 context hierachy uses HashMaps to store the properties and since
HashMaps are not syncronized, the results of multitreaded access is not
undefinded. It is advisable to switch to Hashtables. However we have
not seen this error happens so far in our bug reports, which is indeed
stange enough.

			 Description

 Axis2 context hierachy uses HashMaps to store the properties and since
HashMaps are not syncronized, the results of multitreaded access is not
undefinded. It is advisable to switch to Hashtables. However we have
not seen this error happens so far in our bug reports, which is indeed
stange enough.

    Show »

<!--
    restoreDivFromCookie('description-open', 'jira.viewissue.cong.cookie', '1');
    restoreDivFromCookie('description-closed', 'jira.viewissue.cong.cookie', '0');
//-->

-Ab

http://mail.yahoo.com