axis-java-user mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: new to axis
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:14:48 GMT
I am using a proxy since I am on an intranet but as I used in other applications I wrote

Properties systemSettings = System.getProperties();
          systemSettings.put("http.proxyHost", "xxxxxx");
          systemSettings.put("http.proxyPort", "xx");
          System.setProperties(systemSettings);

now I'm getting Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction. I'm trying to
figure out the problem though I have the impression I'm doing something wrong somewhere

----- Original Message ----
From: Philipp Leitner <philipp.leitner@gmx.at>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2007 4:08:21 PM
Subject: Re: new to axis

well, not that I claim to be an expert in Axis 1 (which you seem to be
using), but from what I see the code looks OK.

Anyway, your exception is pretty obvious -
java.net.NoRouteToHostException means - well - that your application
cannot reach the host. AFAIK this means that either the host is not
online or does not exist (what it does), or that you are having problems
with your inet connection.

Can you access the endpoint with your browser?

/philipp

example...ok, so i took the most simple web service from w3 schools: http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx

>> and I tried to make a web service client like the first example presented on the
axis site. As I understood, it should look like this:

>> try{
>>
>>     String endpoint =
>>               "http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx";;;
>>
>>           Service  service = new Service();
>>           Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
>>
>>           call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
>>           call.setOperationName(new QName("http://tempuri.org";;, "CelsiusToFahrenheit"));
>>           call.addParameter("Celsius", org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING, javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
>>           call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);
>>

>>           String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "10" } );
>>
>>           System.out.println("result: " + ret + "'");}catch{}
>>
>> this should return something like <short>50</short> but instead I get
a java.net.NoRouteToHostException