axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter A. Kirk" ...@alpha-solutions.dk>
Subject [Axis2] Custom object not returned correctly from webservice
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:42:59 GMT
Hi, I have made a webservice with the following classes.

I try to call this webservice from a c#/.net application, but the
returned object is filled with nulls - can anyone help me find out why?
As far as I can see I set the values in the return object.

Do I need to do something to tell Axis2 that the class
Employees_WS_ReturnData should be available over a webservice? The c#
application does indeed know about this type, and does get an object
from the "easyData" method - this object is just not filled with data.

Thanks,
Peter

//
package dk.alphasolutions.niws.employees;

import javax.jws.*;

@WebService
public class Employees_WS
{
  @WebMethod
  public Employees_WS_ReturnData easyData()
  {
    System.out.println("Easy Data");
    Employees_WS_ReturnData o = new Employees_WS_ReturnData();
    o.setEmail("peter");
    return o;
  }
}

//
package dk.alphasolutions.niws.employees;

public class Employees_WS_ReturnData
{
  private String lastname = "a lastname";
  private String firstname;
  private String email;
  private String id;

  public String getLastname()
  {
    return lastname;
  }

  public void setLastname(String lastname)
  {
    this.lastname = lastname;
  }

  public String getFirstname()
  {
    return firstname;
  }

  public void setFirstname(String firstname)
  {
    this.firstname = firstname;
  }

  public String getEmail()