axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vincent Pretre <pre...@lifc.univ-fcomte.fr>
Subject Axis does not find my external libs
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:25:12 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am trying to produce a web services which interacts with a mysql
database. I use connector/j to do this, but when I try to call one of
my web service operations, I get an error
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class Not found :
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver".
The connector/j jar is in $JAVA-HOME/lib/ext.

The code for the database connection works in a simple java class
(just compiled using javac without any option), but not in my web
service.

I'm not a Java guru so I've certainly missed something.

Thanks,
Vincent

PS: the code that does not work is "Class.forName
("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();"