axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Upul Godage" <upulg....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TestClient.java --"package org.apache.axis.client.call does not exist."
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:02:35 GMT
Hi,

Most probably that service is not there at that location now.  You can try
creating a service in your machine and try.  Check this out,
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#PublishingWebServicesWithAxisor
some other tutorial available in the web.

Also check Apache Axis2 at http://ws.apache.org/axis2/.  Check the quick
start guide at http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/quickstartguide.html.  It has
samples in both server and client side, so you don't have to depend on an
outside service.

Upul

On 10/9/07, H.Z <zhshqzyc0002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Still fail to connect to the server using browser directly even though I
> turned off the firewall..
> I read a paper say it is a bug of JDK.
> http://forum.springframework.org/archive/index.php/t-18728.html
> TRUE?
>
> *Upul Godage <upulg.dev@gmail.com>* wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> On 10/7/07, H.Z <zhshqzyc0002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I just added. Now I get - Unable to find required classes (
> > javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart).
> > Attachment support is disabled.
> >

> This will not affect your program, I think, unless you use attachments.
> You can ignore this. (You can download Javamail and Java Activation
> Framework distributions and put the jars activation.jar, mail.jar,
> mailapi.jar probably in TOMCAT /common/lib)
>
>  java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect
> >

> This means the client tried to connect with the server but could not.
> Check whether the server side is there by accessing it using the browser. "http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo
>

>  What I created is a Java project and Java class.
> >

> Java project is fine for running your client.
>

> Upul
>

>  If I create a web application and a Java class.
> > I get---
> > Starting debug server Bundled Tomcat (5.5.17)
> > Starting Tomcat process...
> > Waiting for Tomcat...
> > Tomcat server started.
> > In-place deployment at C:\Documents and
> > Settings\Owner\TestClient\build\web
> > OK - Deployed application at context path /TestClient
> > OK - Started application at context path /TestClient
> > Duplicated project name in import. Project TestClient-impl defined first
> > in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\ant- deploy.xmland again
in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\build-
> > impl.xml
> > connect-debugger:
> > Non-existing path "C:\Documents and
> > Settings\Owner\TestClient\build\ear-module\WEB-INF\classes" provided.
> > Attached JPDA debugger to localhost:tomcat_shared_memory_id
> > Duplicated project name in import. Project TestClient-impl defined first
> > in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\ant-deploy.xmland again
in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\build-
> > impl.xml
> > debug-display-browser:
> > Browsing: http://localhost:8084/TestClient/
> > So what is wrong?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > *Upul Godage < upulg.dev@gmail.com>* wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did you add all the jars in the Axis lib directory to the NetBeans
> > project?
> >
> > Upul
> >
> > On 10/6/07, H.Z < zhshqzyc0002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using Tomcat 5.0.25, Axis 1.4. NetBeans 5.5.
> > >
> > > I am trying an basic example Web Service client that will call the
> > > echoString method on the public Axis server at Apache.
> > >
> > > But I get an error.
> > > "package org.apache.axis.client.call does not exist."
> > >
> > > My code
> > >
> > > import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
> > > import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
> > > import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
> > > public class TestClient
> > > {
> > >    public static void main(String [] args) {
> > >        try {
> > >            String endpoint =
> > >                     " http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo
> > > ";
> > >
> > >            Service  service = new Service();
> > >            Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
> > >            call.setTargetEndpointAddress ( new java.net.URL(endpoint)
> > > );
> > >            call.setOperationName(new QName("http://soapinterop.org/",
> > > "echoString") );
> > >            // Call to addParameter/setReturnType as described in
> > > user-guide.html
> > >            //call.addParameter("testParam",
> > >            //                  org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
> > >            //                  javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN<http://javax.xml.rpc.parametermode.in/>
> > > );
> > >            //call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);
> > >            String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "Hello!"
> > > } );
> > >            System.out.println("Sent 'Hello!', got '" + ret + "'");
> > >        } catch (Exception e) {
> > >            System.err.println(e.toString());
> > >        }
> > >    }
> > > }
> > >

> > > Thanks

> > > Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51200/*http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFibjNlcHF0BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDYXV0b3MtZHJlYW1jYXI->with
Yahoo! Autos.