axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Upul Godage" <upulg....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TestClient.java --"package org.apache.axis.client.call does not exist."
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 03:02:02 GMT
Hi,

On 10/7/07, H.Z <zhshqzyc0002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, I just added. Now I get - Unable to find required classes (
> javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart).
> Attachment support is disabled.

This will not affect your program, I think, unless you use attachments.  You
can ignore this. (You can download Javamail and Java Activation Framework
distributions and put the jars activation.jar, mail.jar,
mailapi.jarprobably in TOMCAT /common/lib)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

This means the client tried to connect with the server but could not.  Check
whether the server side is there by accessing it using the browser. "
http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo"

What I created is a Java project and Java class.

Java project is fine for running your client.

Upul

If I create a web application and a Java class.
> [...]
> again in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\build-
> impl.xml
> connect-debugger:
> Non-existing path "C:\Documents and
> Settings\Owner\TestClient\build\ear-module\WEB-INF\classes" provided.
> Attached JPDA debugger to localhost:tomcat_shared_memory_id
> Duplicated project name in import. Project TestClient-impl defined first
> in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\ant-deploy.xml and
> again in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\TestClient\nbproject\build-
> impl.xml
> debug-display-browser:
> Browsing: http://localhost:8084/TestClient/
> So what is wrong?
>
> Thanks
>

> *Upul Godage <upulg.dev@gmail.com>* wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Did you add all the jars in the Axis lib directory to the NetBeans
> project?
>
> Upul
>
> On 10/6/07, H.Z < zhshqzyc0002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using Tomcat 5.0.25, Axis 1.4. NetBeans 5.5.
> >
> > I am trying an basic example Web Service client that will call the
> > echoString method on the public Axis server at Apache.
> >
> > But I get an error.
> > "package org.apache.axis.client.call does not exist."
> >
> > My code
> >
> > import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
> > import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
> > import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
> > public class TestClient
> > {
> >    public static void main(String [] args) {
> >        try {
> >            String endpoint =
> >                     " http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo";
> >
> >            Service  service = new Service();
> >            Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
> >            call.setTargetEndpointAddress ( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
> >            call.setOperationName(new QName("http://soapinterop.org/",
> > "echoString") );
> >            // Call to addParameter/setReturnType as described in
> > user-guide.html
> >            //call.addParameter("testParam",
> >            //                  org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
> >            //                  javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN<http://javax.xml.rpc.parametermode.in/>
> > );
> >            //call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);
> >            String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "Hello!" }
> > );
> >            System.out.println("Sent 'Hello!', got '" + ret + "'");
> >        } catch (Exception e) {
> >            System.err.println(e.toString());
> >        }
> >    }
> > }
> >

> > Thanks

> > Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51200/*http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFibjNlcHF0BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDYXV0b3MtZHJlYW1jYXI->with
Yahoo! Autos.