axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Problem building available services
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:56:50 GMT
Ana Belén Antón Gironés wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am new in axis and I am a bit lost. Sorry. I would like to get your
> help, please.
>
> I would like make some as easy as build a service from a Java Object.
> I have followed the user guide in the apache org web page but the
> service is remarked as "Faulty services" and I have got this error
> message:
>
> Error: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Invalid
> service. META-INF directory not found. at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processWSDLs(ArchiveReader.java:274)

> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:64)
> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(DeploymentFileData.java:137)

> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.java:571)
> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList.java:141)
> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener.java:318)
> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryListener.java:220)

> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.startListener(RepositoryListener.java:312)

> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.checkRepository(SchedulerTask.java:64)

> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.run(SchedulerTask.java:71)
> at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.Scheduler$SchedulerTimerTask.run(Scheduler.java:83)

> at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source) at
> java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by:
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Invalid service.
> META-INF directory not found. at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processWSDLs(ArchiveReader.java:262)

> ... 12 more
>

> For that, I have created this "services.xml":
>
> <service name="Sum" scope="application">
>     <description>
>       Suma
>     </description>
>     <messageReceivers>
>         <messageReceiver
>             mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
>     class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver"/>
>         <messageReceiver
>             mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
>     class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
>     </messageReceivers>
>     <parameter name="ServiceClass">
>         org.ana.web.services.Sum
>     </parameter>
> </service>
>
> and this directory structure (in C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> [...]
Hi Ana,

I tried your exact code and directory structure on WindowsXP, Apache
Tomcat 5.5.20, using the Axis2 1.3 war. And it worked without a problem.

Can you please tell us which version of Axis2 you are using? If you are
using an older version, I suggest you download the Axis2 1.3 release and
try.

You can also try creating a service archive with an .aar extension using
the Java jar tool, and deploying that instead of the exploded directory
structure.

Best of luck!
Suran.