axis-java-user mailing list archives

From TimDog <tparthem...@liveworld.com>
Subject Differences between Axis 1.4 and Axis2 client generation
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:34:55 GMT

I'm using Axis2 to generate the  WSDL for my service...and I have a nagging
question in the back of my mind.

Why are clients generated by the Axis2 wsdl2java (the default adb) of the
form

stub.function(FunctionObj obj)

And the clients generated from the Axis1.4 wsdl2java of the form

stub.function(param1, param2, param3)

?

Is there a way to make the Axis2 wsdl2java produce a stub that I can just
call methods and parameters like the 1.4 clients instead of messing around
with all of this object indirection?

It seems(to me) that should be added to the client stub automatically,
because we're doing all of that coding over and over again and it's
encapsulated fairly easily.

E.g.
///The Axis 1.4 Client

SoapBindingStub stub;
		try {
			stub = (SoapBindingStub)
			new ISoapBindingStubServiceServiceLocator().getsoapbindingstub(new
URL(url));
			 Object resultObj = stub.function(param1, param2, param3);
		}
		catch (javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException jre) {
			jre.printStackTrace();
		}
		catch (RemoteException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		} catch (MalformedURLException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

/////////////////////////////////
The Axis2 Client
SoapBindingStub stub;
		try {
			stub = (SoapBindingStub)
			new SoapBindingStub(test.getServiceUrl());
                        SoapBindingStub.FunctionObj functionObj = new
SoapBindingStub.FunctionObj();
                        function.setParam1(param1);
                        function.setParam2(param2);
		        SoapBindingStub.FunctionResponseObj responseObj =
stub.function(functionObj);
                        Object resultObj = responseObj.getReturn();

		}
		catch(Exception e){
			System.err.println("Service Loaded");
		}