axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Merritt, Norris" <norris.merr...@hp.com>
Subject [Axis2]: Duplicate Cookie header in requests from Axis2 client
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:55:48 GMT
My Axis2 client is somehow sending TWO cookie headers on each POST
request, with slightly different formatting but the same JSESSIONID:

Cookie: JSESSIONID=69C868C8CC13EA14A5E8846FC87E2EB8

Cookie: $Version=0; JSESSIONID=69C868C8CC13EA14A5E8846FC87E2EB8;
$Path=/myservice

This is a problem for me because occasionally my server invalidates the
JSESSIONID I am using if too much time elapses between requests and
fails the operation due to an invalid JSESSIONID.  In this case I need
to resend the failed request without any Cookie header, whereupon the
server will create a new session and issue a new JSESSIONID.

I succeeded in getting rid of ONE of the Cookie headers by doing this:

               HttpClient httpClient = (HttpClient)
msgCtx.getConfigurationContext()

                 .getProperty(HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT);

               httpClient.getState().clearCookies();

This gets rid of the Cookie header with the $Version and $Path, but not
the other one. So when I retry the request, I am still sending a Cookie
header with an invalid JSESSIONID. Does anyone know where is this
duplicate cookie header coming from, and how I can get rid of it?