axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Domico, Kelly O" <kelly.dom...@pnl.gov>
Subject Newbie: Installing Axis2 with Tomcat 5.5.7 for external use (public URL)
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:11:08 GMT
I apologize ahead of time. This may be a Linux or Tomcat question, but I
thought I would see if anyone else had experience with this. I don't
have much experience with Tomcat. I don't own the Linux machine that
Axis2 and Tomcat are installed on so I have to rely on the admin to
restart Tomcat and set up links, configurations, folders for me.

I have been given a folder at: /applications/myexternalfolder . I have a
public URL: http://external.url.com that shows whatever HTML files, etc
is in that folder. In addition, there is a link in
/applications/Tomcat/webapps/myexternalfolder that points to
/applications/myexternalfolder .

I am able to install Axis2 with Tomcat 5.5.7 on a Linux machine and
access the services and list services page internally, say using this
internal URL: http://internal.url.com/axis2/services/MyService . At the
moment, the admin won't allow the axis2 folder in webapps to be exposed
externally for security reasons.

Is it possible to access my services using the public URL (i.e.
http://external.url.com/axis2/services/MyService ) and if so, how can I
do this? I have tried creating a folder in
/applications/myexternalfolder/axis and linking that to the axis2 folder
in Tomcat/webapps but that didn't quite work as expected. I also tried
setting the 'hostname' and 'httpFrontendHostUrl' parameters but no
result.

Thanks,
Kelly