axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Neff <jn...@tethyshealth.com>
Subject Re: Axis2, Session not keeping.
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:51:00 GMT
Andrew Martin wrote:

> It looks like you're creating a new client each time you call the
> service, so each call would be in a separate session.  What happens if
> you invoke the service multiple times with the same client object?

How do I do that from a JSP page?  Is there an example somewhere I can
follow?

>> I added to my Web Service class a constructor:
>>
>>    public MyService() {
>>              System.out.println("MyService.constructing!");
>>
>>        int testCounter = 0;
>>        SessionContext sessionContext =
>> MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getSessionContext();
>>        sessionContext.setProperty("thisCounter", testCounter);
>>          }
>>

>> And when I go to /logs/catalina.out I see :
>>
>> MyService.constructing!
>>
>> for as many times as I call the method from my RPC client.
>>

> That's what I would expect.  If you store session information in the
> SessionContext, then that wouldn't matter.

I thought thats what I was doing here with SessionContext.  Did I do it
wrong?

>> Also, the session does work when I use "application" for the scope.  But
>> when I try "transportsession" or "soapsession" in the "scope" attribute
>> of services.xml it always acts like "request" scope.
>>

> If you use "application", then you wouldn't get a separate counter for
> each session.  Every user would be incrementing the same counter.  If
> that's what you want, then do that.  If you really want to store
> separate variables for each session, then your server's already doing
> the right thing with "transportsession", according to your web browser
> test.  You just need to change your client.

Yes, I want a separate session for each user.  I said the thing about
"application" because I just wanted to make sure the thing was working
at least at some level.  Now it seems, as you've pointed out, my client
is getting created anew each time I click the button my JSP web page.
How can I call the same session from my JSP page?

Thanks again in advance,
James