axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayke <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Runtime best practices for Axis2
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 03:58:50 GMT
Glenn Williams wrote:
> Axis2.xml, from the documentation, is supposed to be for global
> configuration. But it is available outside .AAR file so a user could change
> the configuration without repackaging the .AAR file. But that seems to
> violate the usage of the axis2.xml file. Any thoughts?
>
> What do you think about putting a configuration file for the given service
> in the Axis2 conf directory? Is that directory available to the service at
> runtime?

IFAIK,  you only get access to ConfigurationContext which reflects configuration
specified in axis2.xml in runtime. You can't access the contents of axis2 conf
directory directly.

IMHO, configuration file of a service should be included in service.aar file.
I would put it inside META-INF folder inside service.aar and later read it
via service class loader.

Thanks,
Sanka

Sanka Samaranayake