axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Holmes Jr." <...@tomholmes.net>
Subject Re: Newbie with Axis2
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:10:56 GMT
Hi Thilina, thanks for the information.

I checked with the client, and it seems there might 2-3 concurrent users
at a time, certainly 12 would be the absolute most if all 12 employees
decided to hit the web-services at once.

So, I think Axis2, standalone would be the best bet.    I'll certainly
look at SimpleAxisServer to start ... and then I'll add to it.

Thanks again for the help.
                                                             Tom

Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Tom,
> It'll be a choice depending on your usage of the web service. A
> SimpleAxisServer started using axis2server.bat will work if you are
> not expecting many concurrent users to use the service. AFAIK
> SimpleAxisServer is still experimental and chokes on many concurrent
> requests. If you are expecting your web service to be heavily used by
> a large set of users, then I would recommend you to go for
> Tomcat+Axis2.   Also you can start your work with simpleAxisServer and
> then later you can move to the Tomcat depending on the situation.
>
> On a side note: Lately I've seen integrating a NIO transport with
> Axis2. I'm not sure whether the SimpleAxisServer uses it. You are
> better off with SimpleAxisServer if that is the case.
>
> Thanks,
> Thilina
>
> On 9/2/07, keith chapman <keithgchapman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You don't need any other libraries to run Axis2 standalone server. Tomcat is
>> not essential but if you wish you can use the war distribution so that you
>> can use it with any application server.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Keith.
>>

>> On 9/2/07, Tom Holmes Jr. <tom@tomholmes.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I am a newbie with Axis2, and I have a number of questions,   Before you
>>> rip off my head and show it to me.  let me explain myself first:
>>>
>>> 1) I have been developing for nearly 20 years, the last 10 have been in
>>> Java/J2EE
>>> 2) I have used Apache and Tomcat for years.