axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Request Tracking
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:25:48 GMT
I'd like to assign a unique ID to each request as it comes in so that I might track it all
the way through to the outFlow. In other words I want to give each request a tracking ID so
I can go back in my logs and follow a request's path all the way through my system.

What do you guys and gals think the best way to do this might be?

I've thought about doing something with a session variable, but that seems to go against the
stateless nature of WS in general.

I also thought I might inject the unique ID into the request after I've received it, but that
also seems like a bad idea ... I'm sure there are a million things that could potentially
go wrong doing something like this.

Your ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ty