axis-java-user mailing list archives

From vpl <vpl.prof...@gmail.com>
Subject axis2.log missing
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:00:05 GMT

Hi,

I've browsed the axis user mailing list and could not find a clear answer to
this new-comer ... question. Please help
I'm unsing the axis2.war deployed into a tomcat 6.0.14. In the catalina.out
I see a log4j INFO when my Web-service is deployed.
But I added on the server side some log4j code to trace my web-service
activity.
When I start my rpc.client I get the log4j WARM "No appender could be found
.....".
log4j file is never created, nowhere.
I've also tried to insert a log4j.properties into the .aar generated by my
ant when I compile my web-serivce (into the class root directory).
NOTHING ....

Something wrong.
Could somebody help me ?

Thanks

public class IcProvider {
	private static org.apache.log4j.Logger log =
Logger.getLogger(IcProvider.class);
	public User logon(String userVal) {
    	if (userVal.equals("vpl")) {
    		log.info("user vpl logged");
        	return new User("vpl");
    	}
    	else
    		return null;
    }

}

# Set root category priority to INFO and its only appender to CONSOLE.
log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE
#log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

# Set the enterprise logger priority to FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis2.enterprise=FATAL
log4j.logger.de.hunsicker.jalopy.io=FATAL
log4j.logger.httpclient.wire.header=FATAL
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=FATAL

# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=[%p] %m%n

# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=axis2.log
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n