axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "david" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject Attempts to compile axis 1.4 src fails with common complaint pattern. Target: axis.war.
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:11:09 GMT
Hello axis users, In a puny attempt to deploy the axis 1.4 samples I am resorting to compiling
the axis 1.4 src in an attempt to either obtain the axis 1.4 .war or at least gain some insight
into the overly complicated process of deploying a sample WS. When I compile the source by
invoking ant I get 15 errors but with ultimately the same complaint pattern. I have included
below 2 of the 15 compiler error conditions below. I have used both JDK 1.4.x and 1.6.x where
x equals some digit >= 0. Thanks in advance and please advise, David.

Dev OS: Windows XP
Target OS: Linux
JDK: 1.4.x and 1.6.x
SRC: axis 1.4 zip

C:\Documents and Settings\davidb\My Documents\dev\axis1.4\axis-1_4\src\org\apache\axis\Message.java:56:

org.apache.axis.Message is not abstract and does not override
abstract method getAttachment(javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement) in
javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage public class Message extends javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage

C:\Documents and Settings\davidb\My Documents\dev\axis1.4\axis-1_4\src\org\apache\axis\message\MessageElement.java:73:

org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement is not abstract and does not override
abstract method removeAttribute(javax.xml.namespace.QName) in
javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement public class MessageElement extends NodeImpl implements SOAPElement,