axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin B. Smith" <mart...@bebr.ufl.edu>
Subject Service missing Content-Encoding header, can I trick the client?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 02:33:33 GMT
Hello Axis2 users,

I'm using Axis2 to connect to a service implemented with gSOAP.
Unfortunately, one important header, Content-Encoding, is left off of the
replies when I make a request. Because the content encoding *should* be
gzip, my responses are all broken when Axis2 tries to parse with a UTF-8
character set.

Is there *any* way I can trick the client to either (a) see an extra header
to give it a hint to unzip or (b) transparently unzip the content as it
comes through? I searched the archives before posting, and it seems like
filtering streams on the client isn't something people do frequently, and a
lot of questions about it either didn't help me or went unanswered.

For now, I can't get the service to add the appropriate headers, so how can
I deal with this on the client side? As an aside, I have trivial examples of
filtering the responses with HttpClient, but I don't want to write my own
SOAP stuff :).

Thanks,

Martin Smith, Systems Developer
martins@bebr.ufl.edu
Bureau of Economic and Business Research
University of Florida
(352) 392-0171 Ext. 221