axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve S" <trivia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Returning Hibernate detached objects in Axis2
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:45:28 GMT
I can think of a use case.  Let's say you have a batch process that slices
and dices data.  You want to build a GUI to maintain certain master setup
data. Since the batch process runs in a single session, you want to be able
to use Hibernate's capabilities to slice and dice that data - in particular,
you build objects with children, then just save the object and let Hibernate
do the rest.  But you don't want the object graph returned to the GUI
because you are only working with a small part of the object graph.

Web services are being used as the transport between the GUI and the server.

I may need to re-think my object definitions.  It may be possible to solve
my problem by careful consideration of what I am linking and what I'm not.

I am rather supprised that there isn't more discussion about dealing with
Hibernate detached objects in Axis - at least I havent found a good site
yet.

Steve