axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Prakash Subramaniam" <prakash.subraman...@gmail.com>
Subject Urgent request : How to change Axis2 SOAP serialization for dates to use local timezone
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 05:48:08 GMT
Hi,

We are using Axis2 1.2 java version in our  project as the web service
client. The local timezone is Australia timezone (UTC + 10:00 hrs). Entire
application is designed to be in Australia's local timezone.. The java
Calendar object that is part of webservice request message has been set to
local timezone (Australia timezone). However, when Axis 2 serializes the
webservice request objects into SOAP message, it converts the time to UTC
timezone value. For example, australia timezone value
"2007-09-01T00:00:00+10:00" is converted to "2007-08-31T14:00:00.473Z" UTC
value. We are using ADB for databinding.

Please let me know how to change this Axis's default behaviour so that Axis
does not convert the date/datetime to UTC timezone.

Thanks,
Prakash