axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lahiru Sandakith" <sandak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to access external services?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 04:40:37 GMT
Hi shams,
According to your requirement my thought is that, a BPEL Engine can handle
this or else this can be done with some rules configured inside an ESB to
get the Web Services management done. Have a look on
http://ws.apache.org/synapse/ or http://wso2.com/products/esb/. But this is
thinking beyond axis2 certainly as I know..
Thanks,
Lahiru.

On 8/15/07, shams jawaid <shams4d@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ok say i have two web services, one that generates a random number and one
> that performs addition of two numbers. how can i connect those two so that
> the random numbers are inputted from the random number web service to the
> math web service for addition? i was told there is a way to put a client
> inside a web service that calls another web service..but im confused about
> that too. i was also told that you can use the web service EPR to call a web
> service from another web service? any advice or recommendations would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
>  ------------------------------
> From: *"Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Walker@fmr.com>*
> To: *<axis-user@ws.apache.org>*
> Subject: *RE: Is it possible to access external services?*
> Date: *Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:57:53 -0400*
>
> I'm confused now, not sure what you mean "..use WSDL to connect two web
> services" ?
> In Axis, you run the WSDL file through the WSDL2Java class. If you get all
> of the arcane arguments right, that will produce a set of classes, which
> will include the stub you use on the client side, and the skeleton you use
> on the service side.  (I use Axis1.3, but most people have moved to
> Axis2).
>
> In .NET it's the same thing, run the WSDL file through the wsdl.exeprogram (again, more
arcane arguments to the exe, but Microsoft has a decent