axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Wal...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: rpc-encoded vs rpc-literal vs document-literal migrate Axis1.4 wsdl (rpc-encoded) to Axis2 doc-lit
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:02:32 GMT

archjitectural practice to do so.
Regards,
-jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Patino [mailto:pato.lukaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 12:26 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: rpc-encoded vs rpc-literal vs document-literal migrate
Axis1.4 wsdl (rpc-encoded) to Axis2 doc-lit

OK, I got the point. Thats exactly the the way the ESB would decouple
the axis2 document/literal service from the axis1 rpc/encoded. I only
see an inconvenient: I'll require an axis1 engine resident in its own
servlet container, could it be the same servlet container that holds
the axis2 engine? Would it be a good practice?

Thanks

On 7/30/07, Walker, Jeff <Jeff.Walker@fmr.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't try mixing Axis2 with Axis1 libraries in the same
deployment.
> Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
> I'd recommend a Composite web service design.
> The first web service is Axis2-based and that is exposed to the
Client.
> This uses SOAP 1.2, WSDL 2.0 and doc/lit for comms (whatever latest
and
> greatest specs you want, really). That Axis2 service is a client of a
> 2nd service, which is Axis1 based (it is a totally separate
deployment).
> This uses SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1 and doc/lit for comms between the two
> services.
> That Axis1 service is a client of the final RPCEncodedService, comms
> between these two is SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1 and rpc/encoded.
> -jeff

WS-I
> > compliant.
> >
> > /philipp
> >
> > alpatino2 schrieb:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have a slightly different requirement: I received wsdl's from a
> > service
> > > provider that implements the TR-069 spec, this spec define the use
> of
> > > rpc/encoded style. I need to invoke this service but I am not able
> > > generate the client, I tried to generate the client for the sample
> > > stockAvailableNotification.wsdl extracted from the Building Web
> Services
> > > with Java book, but I get the following error:
> > >

> --

Don't be evil!!!