axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: soap over jms
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:35:28 GMT
Michele

So the JMS transport supports SOAP/JMS, I believe this uses the
standard (which was posted to axis-dev a while back by Glen Daniels),
also XML/JMS, text and binary too.

Synapse can switch between these. Basically it represents text and
binary using special wrapper elements in the message <binary
xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/commons/ns/payload">.

The samples show how to switch from a SOAP/HTTP to XML/JMS message.
http://ws.apache.org/synapse/Synapse_Samples.html#Transport

Paul

On 8/9/07, Michele Mazzucco <Michele.Mazzucco@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ok, sorry Paul :).
> I simply meant if there's anything special I should know in order to use
> pure JMS inside my web service running on top of axis2/synapse, i.e. I
> guess I should use a TextMessage if I want to forward a message
> somewhere. What shall the it include?, just the SOAP body or the full
> envelope?
> Does it make sense to mix pure JMS and SOAP or it's better to split
> these tasks? If I split them, what about inter-leavings and other time
> related problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Michele
>
> On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 14:55 +0100, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > I didn't understand part two of question #1!!!!
> >
> > Synapse can also do load-balancing based on Axis2 sessions with
> > affinity, so each request goes to the server that initiated the
> > session.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 8/9/07, Michele Mazzucco <Michele.Mazzucco@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> > > Paul,
> > >
> > > thanks very much for the quick answer. However my idea about the proxy
> > > was a bit different, that is the proxy is used to address fault
> > > tolerance issues (at least at this stage), not for performance reasons.
> > > The rationale is that my web service is statefull and it looks to me
> > > that keeping the replica in sync would be very messy as the load
> > > increases (and beyond a certain point it would be infeasible).
> > > I've notice you didn't reply to the second part of question #1, so I
> > > guess I can do it the usual way (i.e. via MessageListener on the
> > > receiver side for async processing).
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Michele

I want