axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gudla, Natraj (GE Money, consultant)" <natraj.gu...@ge.com>
Subject RE: On ADB Binding
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:48:24 GMT
Thanks Amila, It clarifies my doubt. We were a bit hesitant to go ahead with the ADB binding
for the reasons on limitations stated in the documents.

-----Original Message-----
From: Amila Suriarachchi [mailto:amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 August 2007 11:44
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: On ADB Binding

ADB does support restrictions and extensions.
those documentation are bit obsolete.

Amila.

On 8/30/07, Gudla, Natraj (GE Money, consultant) < natraj.gudla@ge.com> wrote:

Hi,

The AXIS2 1.2 documentation states the ADB binding does not support xml restrictions and extensions.
Is it really true? When i generated Java classes from a WSDL, i see the restrictions on the
types to be properly generated within the element classes.

Following is part of my schema with restriction on the max length.

        <xsd:simpleType name="LN_PaymentProtection">
                <xsd:annotation>
                        <xsd:documentation>Elements of payment protection represent
the
                        protection types and can be only a string type</xsd:documentation>
                </xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                        <xsd:maxLength value="2"></xsd:maxLength>
                </xsd:restriction>
        </xsd:simpleType>

The code generated by AXIS ADB binding through WSDL2Java, check on the max length within the
code.

        public void setLN_PaymentProtection( java.lang.String param) {

                if ((java.lang.String.valueOf(param).length() <= 2)) {
                        this.localLN_PaymentProtection = param;
                } else {
                        throw new java.lang.RuntimeException();
                }

        }

Do you see a point over here? what did the documentation exactly mean?

Thanks
Natraj.