axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need advice
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:57:49 GMT
On 8/16/07, mchmiel <mchmiel21@tlen.pl> wrote:

> I am affraid that i will need to access the Servet conext from
> Webservice and is not
> easy. I have maneged to looked through such combination (correct me if I
> am wrong)

please see this http://wso2.org/library/480

first i cache my JDOM tree and load it into context (autostart servlet)

> then I establish a connection from
> .NET ASP page which communicates to my Axis (Axis2) webservice (7
> methods) (complex objects in/out)
> The Axis Webservice calls a SOAP aware servet (which  uses JAXM ) to
> decode the SOAP request calls the funkcjionality on stored in servet
> context model,
> get the response encode it to SOAP and send it back to Axis (Axis2)
> webservis which returns the output to ASP. NET.

I can not understand why you need Axis2 call for another Soap aware servlet.
What you should do is (as I understood) either.
1. call ASP directly to SOAP aware servlet
2. Axis2 web service directly calls to jdom structure stored in Servlet
Context.

What do You think is this possible ?? I think that Axis Should prepare
> itself to cooperate with Servlets and JSP ... this is the part of J2EE.
> :-)

yes.
In an axis2 web service you can directly access the servlet context as given
in the above artical.