axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayke <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader to look for a resource within META-INF ?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 06:28:08 GMT
Florent Georges wrote:
>   Hi
>
>   I have just saw the following in AxisDataLocatorImpl,
> within loadServiceData():
>
>     String file = "META-INF/" + DRConstants.SERVICE_DATA.FILE_NAME;
>     serviceData = util.buildOM(axisService.getClassLoader(), file);
>
>   It sounds strange to me to ask a class loader (that is what
> buildOM() will do) for a resource whose the name starts with
> "META-INF/".  I thought the directory META-INF stands in was
> not intended to be a directory where class loading could be
> rooted at, but I am maybe completely wrong.

IFAIK, in Axis2 world, META-INF folder inside a service archive file
(e.g. foo.aar) is used to store any metadata about the service. For
instances it contains services.xml which specifies static properties of
the service.

I guess it was this motive to include ServiceData.xml inside META-INF
folder since it specifies service metadata. It is also the understanding that
any classes or files that belong to a Service should be loaded using
the ClassLoader of that service. Therefore I don't see any problems with
the current implementation. Anyway I may be missing something ..

Thanks,
Sanka

>   To illustrate with a concrete example, I am using WebLogic
> 8.1sp4 and the looked resource is not found when placed into
> the META-INF directory, but it is found if I put it into a
> new META-INF directory created within WEB-INF/classes/.  The
> resource looked for is ServiceData.xml.
>
>   Did I miss something?
>
>   Regards,
>
> --drkm