axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Developing Axis2 web services starting from code
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:50:49 GMT
Hi Anne,

You're assuming that corporations already have a set of approved schema
datatypes. Most smaller to mid-sized organizations don't, and given the
difficulties of schema development I mention in the article I don't
think many are likely to develop these types directly. On the other
hand, many organizations in this size range already have standardized
business object models in the form of code libraries. Converting these
standardized object models to schema terms, if done properly, will give
them just the set of datatypes you postulate.

As a side benefit, if they take this approach they'll be able to reuse
their existing object model for new services, while knowing that it'll
still map correctly to the equivalent schema datatypes.

As to both SOAP and POX, I don't really understand your point. If you
have the schema you can use it for both purposes - all we're discussing
is how you get to that schema in the first place.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting