axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Pahne ...@net22.de>
Subject WS client // basic http authentication (Axis 1.3)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:22:07 GMT

Hello,

I am currently having my first experiences with web services and axis,
so this may be newbie questions.

I generated a client from WSDL that consumes one of our partner's web
services. (I used EclipseWTP to do so, but that part was easy and
succeeded, I think). EclipseWTP currently uses Axis 1, so the exact
version is 1.3.0.

I was playing around with a unit test:

     public void testRawConnection_no_authentication() throws Exception {

         // get Service
         PartnerWebServiceLocator locator = new PartnerWebServiceLocator();
         PartnerWebServiceSoap service = locator.getPartnerWebServiceSoap();

         try {

             // Aufruf "under test"
             @SuppressWarnings("unused")
             ClsVacancy result =
                 service.getVacancy(rentalObjectID, checkIn, checkOut,
ENVIRONMENT);

             fail("expected RemoteException was NOT thrown");

         } catch (RemoteException expected) {

             assertNotNull(expected);
             assertTrue(expected.getMessage().contains("Anonymous login
not allowed"));

         }

     }

That test suceeds, because the Web Service is protected by basic http
authentication. But at least I am confident that I succesfully connected
to the service, because the recieved error message comes from the remote
system and not from Axis itself.

Here are my questions:

1. Is it correct to obtain the service proxy like this:

         // get Service
         PartnerWebServiceLocator locator = new PartnerWebServiceLocator();
         PartnerWebServiceSoap service = locator.getPartnerWebServiceSoap();

   I think it is correct, but can you confirm?

2. And how do I use basic http authentication when I have a password and
a username?
    I googled around and found a code snippet that used the Call class
(Interface ?), but I am not sure if that is the correct direction. And
the snippet also was not complete. I did not find anything apropriate in
  the FAQ.

Thanks,
Andy Pahne