axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Bull <anthony.b...@bcsoft.co.nz>
Subject jar files within aar file
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 04:13:56 GMT
Hi, In the Axis 2 (1.2) services I have been developing, I cannot seem
to use classes that are within jar files inside my .aar service archives.

In my Skeleton method handlers, I call class X which exists in the same
aar file as the Skeleton class, inside a jar file in the lib folder, and
I get class def not found errors.

If I stick that jar file in the axis2/WEB-INF/lib folder, my Skeleton
class picks it up and runs fine. This is not acceptable due to the need
to have multiple services running that potentially could use different
versions of the same jar.

Note that if I explode my web service, once the service has been loaded,
both the version in the WEB-INF/lib folder and the version in the
exploded service are locked by the Tomcat - so the jar inside my aar is
being loaded, but it seems to be by a different classloader to the one

I have set everything up in the standard way, as per the Axis 2 1.2
documentation.

Has anyone had this problem also, or does anyone know what I could be
doing wrong? Is it something to do with classloaders?

cheers,
Ants.

--
Anthony
-------------------------------------

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
Mobile 021 303 692
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.