axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Franz Fehringer <...@isogmbh.de>
Subject Re: [axis2] [IMPORTANT] JDK 1.4 compatibility - feedback requested
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:16:55 GMT
Hello all,

I vote for abandoning Java 1.4 support, i.e. go for Java 1.5

Cheers

Franz

david schrieb:
> Hello Glen, I am currently working a gig @ a financial outfit. We are running axis1.4
and axis2 WSs under JDK6, 5 and 1.4. Nobody said we couldn't. This mix of JDKs is strictly
on the development machines. The production version of our work is running supposedly under
JDK1.4. I have always upgraded the JDK when possible. Staying so-called stuck in one environment
would remind me of using somethng like: .NET. I vote: go-for-it! HAG1, David.

> Glen Daniels wrote ..
>
>> Hi Axis2 developers and users!
>>
>> There has been a bunch of discussion lately revolving around the
>> question of JDK1.4 compatibility.  It has been suggested that Axis2 move
>> to JDK 1.5, in order to gain the benefits of things like generics,
>> built-in concurrency (no backport lib), and annotations.  Some folks
>> feel that there are enough people out there still in a 1.4 environment
>> that we should hold off, and others think we should bite the bullet and
>> move to 1.5.
>>
>> HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO PROVIDE VALUABLE INPUT!
>>
>> Are you using, or planning to use, Axis2 in an environment that is
>> locked to JDK 1.4?  If so, please let us know by responding to this
>> thread and telling us (if you can) about the particulars of what's tying
>> you to 1.4 - is it your app server?  Company policy?  Something else?
>>
>> We'd really like to take good care of our users, and doing that involves
>> figuring out whether we can jump into 1.5-land or if we need to keep
>> things working with 1.4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Glen

Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme
____________________________________
ISO Software Systeme GmbH
Eichendorffstrasse 29
90491 Nürnberg
Germany

Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0

mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 18299
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
Sitz: Nürnberg