axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Bull <anthony.b...@bcsoft.co.nz>
Subject Re: Independent Log4j logging in Axis 2 services
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:33:38 GMT
Thanks for the reply.  All my loggers are acquired by the following
(where THIS_CLASS is the current class):

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger( THIS_CLASS.class);

I'm initializing log4j with a static initializer in the
MessageReceiverInOut class of each service, similar to the following code:

static {
  // log4j.
  System.out.println("log4j init");
  try {
    Properties props = new Properties();
    props.load( THIS_CLASS.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(
"log4j.properties"));
    PropertyConfigurator.configure( props);
  }
  catch ( Throwable e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
  }
  finally {
    System.out.println("log4j finished");
  }
}

Both log files are created, but the last one to be created gets all logs
written to it exclusively, including the Axis2 container logs such as
all the "Deploying web service" messages.

cheers,
Ants.

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Appears you're acquiring the rootLogger (Logger.getRootLogger) instead
> of NameOfLoggerYouDesire
> try
> Logger.getLogger(NameOfLoggerYouDesire);
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/Logger.html
>
> M--
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Bull"
> <anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz>

Anthony