axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chad La Joie <laj...@georgetown.edu>
Subject Re: End-to-End Streaming Support
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:29:42 GMT
Sorry, I have one more question related to this topic.

Does Axis, or Axiom, handle the Base64 encoding/decoding of the binary
data to/from a DataHandler?  If so, is there a way to disable such handling?

Characteristics for my service have a client submitting large files and
then some number of clients retrieving them.  The service itself treats
these files as opaque blobs.  It could receive, and return, them to Axis
in a Base64 encoded form saving a lot of time when clients retrieved a
document be avoiding a re-encode.

--
Chad La Joie             2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware           202.687.0124