axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chad La Joie <laj...@georgetown.edu>
Subject End-to-End Streaming Support
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 21:57:54 GMT
I'm working on a project that may (read: almost certainly will) require
very large binary blobs (many GBs) to be transported.  The specification
I'm working with requires at least SOAP over HTTP support and allows for
the use of MTOM.

My question is, does Axis 2 (client and service side) support true
end-to-end streaming.  By this I mean can a service stream data from
disk, over HTTP to the client and provide a stream on the client side
which can be dumped direct to disk?

I had read the MTOM guide [1] and while I see data handlers and sources
being used it doesn't say whether Axis 2 is architected in such a way
that the data is never buffered in memory.

Thanks for the help.

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/mtom-guide.html
--
Chad La Joie             2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware           202.687.0124