axis-java-user mailing list archives

From feh <ra...@berbee.com>
Subject returning complex object with Axis2
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:57:45 GMT

Please bear with me...it's been a few months since I've worked with Axis 2,
so my description of the situation may not be very clear...

I've learned just enough about Axis 2 to write a soap service. It is a
little bit unusual, in that the soap service was added to an existing web
application, running under Tomcat. From what I remember, Axis 2 was designed
to be its own container, so I had to find instructions somewhere on the net
(where, I don't remember), which outlined how to incorporate Axis2 into an
existing web app. Needless to say, this is probably not a "standard"
installation.

Anyway, all my services currently return primitive values (String, int,
int[], etc). I'm wondering how to return complex objects, if it's possible.

Is there documentation or a howto that covers this situation? In all the
examples I've looked at so far, the service methods all return primitives.

Thanks.