axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIS2 Secure SOAP/REST
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:14:17 GMT
If by REST, you mean "plain old XML" (POX) over HTTP (i.e., no SOAP
envelope), then you must rely on HTTP security mechanisms:
- HTTP Basic or Digest Authentication
- HTTPS SSL authentication
- HTTPS SSL encryption

HTTP security mechanisms support point-to-point security only -- not
end-to-end security. If you require stronger security measures than
can flow across proxies and intermediaries or that support stronger
authentication mechanisms, then you should use SOAP.

Anne