axis-java-user mailing list archives

From r...@multi-support.com
Subject Axis2: RESTful implementation with Axis2
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:48:13 GMT

Hi,

I have some questions regarding implementing a RESTfull service. After
reading a lot of previous RESTish threads I got quite confused.
So I hope someone can help me straightened it out.

If I want to create a RESTful service with Axis2 would it then require that
the service is implemented as RPC, or can other message receivers be used?

Is it possible to create a RESTful service with Axis2 that can be reached
in the following way:
http://www.boeing.com/rest/aircraft/747
instead of
http://www.boeing.com/rest/MyAircraftServices/getAircraft?model=747

First i actually thought that a RESTful service should implement some sort
of interface with methods corresponding to GET, POST, PUT & DELETE.
But I read in some of the other threads that a RESTful service should only
have one method. Isn't that a problem if you try to accomplice the syntax
that the following articles describes.

http://www.innoq.com/blog/st/2006/06/30/rest_vs_soap_oh_no_not_again.html
http://www.xfront.com/REST-Web-Services.html

Where the same url has different functionality depending on how it is
called (GET, POST).
GET   /order/{id} Get order details
POST  /order/{id} Add item

Regards