axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark H" <zips_bu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Using asynchronous messaging with Rampart (axis-users)
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:48:02 GMT

Thanks, for the help Dimuthu, but this did not seem to solve the problem.

It seems that since the asynchronous response is being received on a
separate thread, Axis does not have the original ServiceContext; it actually
seems to build everything from the incoming message.  It does not tell
Rampart to process the security headers, so when it gets to the security
headers and they are not processed, it fails.

Worse, as a result of the failure, Axis feels as though it should propagate
this failure not by throwing an exception, but by sending an AxisFault on
the connection.  Since this happens on receipt of an asynchronous response
to a request, noone is listening on the other end of the connection and this
appears to happen silently (i.e. I see no notification through logs, etc.
that the asynchronous response was received and failed).

Do you have any other insight?

Thanks for your help.

-Mark