axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Wal...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: HTTP error in Axis client
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:02:50 GMT
Actually,
The 404 means the web server was hit by the client, but the server
couldn't fulfill the request for some unknown reason.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/404_error
Suggest you get the wsdl of the web service, and attempt to rebuild the
client from that again.

Also, you need to post the version of Axis you use, the WSDL of the
service as well, and any other pertinent details.
The Axis experts here can read wsdl faster than we can talk, and they
often zoom into the problem fairly quickly.
-jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Amit {PBSG} [mailto:amit.kumar1@pbsg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 4:24 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: HTTP error in Axis client

Hi,

I am new to Axis. I am running into an issue while invoking a webservice
from an Axis client. The webservice is deployed and running. I have
verified the endpoint URL. The webservice is not getting hit from the
client. Both webservice and the client are running on the same machine.

Below is the error message.

Thanks in advance.

best regards
amit

 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: (404)404
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{}:return code:  404
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:404

(404)404
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java
:744)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
	at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.j
ava:32)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
	at webserviceCall.main(webserviceCall.java:82)