axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Michael.Da...@servicecanada.gc.ca>
Subject Is wss4j still an active project? (was: Rampart configuration question)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:59:20 GMT
Hi,

I didn't see any replies to the question below, so I started digging through the rampart/wss4j
code. I found a workaround that will allow me to hard-code the private key into my client
and server, and not have to have absolute paths to key files. This involves making a small
change to one of the wss4j classes.

I got the wss4j source code and tried to build it. Unfortunately it was build with axis version
1, and I'm using axis2. It's trying to import org.apache.axis packages whereas the new version's
package names begin with org.apache.axis2. Moreover, some classes from the old version have
moved since the new one. For example, wss4j tries to import org.apache.axix.Message, but there
is no such class org.apache.axis2.Message, so I can't just change the package names.

Anyway, is wss4j still in active development? It doesn't look like it. Has anyone moved the
source to be compatible with axis2?

cheers,
md