axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Fernandez <informaticu007-...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Problem using SOAP12 vs SOAP11?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:51:45 GMT
Hi Jose,

There is some work around it. See:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2845

http://marc.info/?l=axis-dev&m=118285729209577&w=2

Regards,

Jorge Fernández

Jose Luis Alba <josedevmail@yahoo.es> escribió: Hi Keith,

The problem isn't the status code. The problem is that using SOAP11 I receive Exceptions that
web service launches. But using SOAP12 always I receive an AxisFault with message 400: Bad
Request, not the Exception I launched.

Is for that I was talking about a bug.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Jose

keith chapman <keithgchapman@gmail.com> escribió: Here are the details. http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#http-respbindprocess

Thanks,
Keith.

On 7/27/07,  keith chapman <keithgchapman@gmail.com> wrote: Ho Jose,

This is not a bug. The SOAP 1.2 specification mentions that we should send HTTP code 400 in
a fault if the fault code is soap:Sender. This is the reason for getting 400 when using SOAP
1.2 and 500 when using SOAP  1.1.

Thanks,
Keith.

On 7/27/07, Jose Luis Alba < josedevmail@yahoo.es> wrote: Hi,

Recently I've been working on a test web service in Axis2 (1.3-RC1). That service launchs
checked exceptions but the behavior is different if I use SOAP11 or SOAP12 from the client.

When I use SOAP12 all responses from my exceptions are and  AxisFault with error 400: Bad
request. (That's done in MessageContextBuilder -> createFaultEnvelope -> getSenderFaultCode)

When I use SOAP11 from the client I receive and AxisFault but this time with an status error
500 and with the message of my exception. That's is what I excepted!

Why this behavior?
There's a bug in the SOAP12?
I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Jose

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo?   ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden! .

--
Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.