axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Jones" <Tjo...@metamatrix.com>
Subject RE: Axis2 - how to add custom handler to a specific service
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:23:28 GMT
One option is to add a check in your custom handler for the service name
you want the logic to apply to. You can get it in the invoke() method
like so:

messageContext.getAxisService().getName()

HTH,
Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Shantanu Sen [mailto:ssen@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 4:48 PM
To: axis-user
Subject: Axis2 - how to add custom handler to a specific service

Is the only way of adding a custom handler in the dispatch phase (say
after the AddressingBasedDispatcher) is to add it in the axis2.xml?

If I want this handler only for a specific service among the various
other deployed services, can I configure this in the services.xml
without touching the axis2.xml? I want to avoid adding this as a global
handler for all services.

Or is the recommended way is to add this handler in a module and engage
the module in the services.xml of the specific service? If this is true,
I still have to modify the axis2.xml or I just drop the module in the
modules repository?

Thanks for any help.

Shantanu Sen