axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis2 article with databinding comparison
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:01:27 GMT

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> Hi Deepal,
>
> I don't really consider POJO support as appropriate for web services
> of any complexity, since it directly exports the object model as part
> of the service definition. It also is generally unable to cope with
> data structures of any complexity, such as hash maps and even
> collections (other than typed arrays), or any form of object graphs.
> These are the same issues which led to the deprecation of rpc/enc -
> though rpc/enc at least had support for object graphs.
Yes I totally agree with this and what I am always recommending is the
contract first approach.

> Based on my experience with client organizations, I've seen very few
> real-world applications which could successfully be exposed directly
> using POJO service support. And based on the POJO guide for Axis2 I
> wouldn't call the use of POJO very easy on the client side.
Well, I just look at the document and seems it bit out dated and our
POJO support much more richer than what the denouement says. Having said
that even for the client side the best approach is the code generation.

I just wanted to say that the your conclusion is not match with the
current Axis2 code base , though I agree contact first approach is the
much better one.

Thanks
Deepal