axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 article with databinding comparison
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:53:50 GMT
Hi Deepal,

I don't really consider POJO support as appropriate for web services of
any complexity, since it directly exports the object model as part of
the service definition. It also is generally unable to cope with data
structures of any complexity, such as hash maps and even collections
(other than typed arrays), or any form of object graphs. These are the
same issues which led to the deprecation of rpc/enc - though rpc/enc at
least had support for object graphs.

Based on my experience with client organizations, I've seen very few
real-world applications which could successfully be exposed directly
using POJO service support. And based on the POJO guide for Axis2 I
wouldn't call the use of POJO very easy on the client side.

Do you disagree on these points?

  - Dennis