axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex Dickinson <al...@redback.com>
Subject Re: Streaming Soap with Attachments
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:06:38 GMT
The delay is due to the default behaviour of writeObject() in
javax.activation.DataHandler. The stream that gets passed to it is
buffered, which will have to fill up before the bytes are sent over the
socket's stream.

Also the ByteArrayDataSource requires that the DataSource be fully
written to before it can be read from.

I had to do something similar. I had small amounts of data that had to
be sent over a long period of time. I ended up having to write a custom
DataSource that made data available to the InputStream as soon as it was
available, and to implement a custom DataHandler to would flush the
output in writeObject when ever it wrote data.

Hope that helps,
Alex