axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hillel Seltzer" <hselt...@larich.com>
Subject Axis-wsse and log.debug
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:02:54 GMT
Hello,

I am complete java newbie.  I am trying to use axis with wsse
to set up a client for a remote web service.  I have been
following the Java instructions for the sample "TestClient" at:
https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/WebService/About.aspx

I have installed axis 1.4 and axis-wsse 1.0, and set
CLASSPATH to all associated jar files.

The program is now throwing an exception when it hits the
"log.debug" lines in WsseClientHandler.  The result is the error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
net.vitale.filippo.axis.handlers.WsseClientHandler tried to access field
org/apache/axis/handlers/BasicHandler.log from class
        at
net.vitale.filippo.axis.handlers.WsseClientHandler.invoke(WsseClientHandler.java:92)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:121)
        at
gov.ohio.tax.thefinder.OHFinderService.OHFinderServiceSoapStub.getOHSalesTaxByZipCode(OHFinderServiceSoapStub.java:274)
        at TestClient.main(TestClient.java:16)

How do I set up a "log" object in my "main" program class so that
the WsseClientHandler can use the "log.debug" method?

Thanks.
---Hillel