axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ****************Performance issues (Important)*****************
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:51:29 GMT
On 6/13/07, Vibhor_Sharma <vsharma@gryphonnetworks.com> wrote:

Which load balancer are you using? We use the kemp 1500 with good results,
especially the SSL acceleration.

> c) We also observed that by removing the Apache web server itself and
> letting the request directly hit the Jboss
>     application server where Axis2 is installed saved another 10ms.
> Although it is not a good practise but we just
>     wanted to see how much time is being consumed by each layer.

 You may already know this, but you might try using APR with jboss / tomcat
instead of apache unless you have a reason not to. By doing so you may
eliminate those 10ms.

> It was also observed that the Linux based systems are consuming more time
> compared to windows based systems !! surprise surprise .......

Same exact system? Is the kernel recent?

BTW, if you are really concerned about performance, if not already ,
consider using java 6. We got a 20% on jboss by simply moving to 6,
including about a 20 second quicker startup time.

Robert