axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected subelement
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:12:23 GMT
Hi,
AFAIU the problem here is that the service returns an incorrect
sequence and the Axis2 client is 'too strict' that it does check of
the sequence and fails. I vaguely remember of something like a 'ignore
sequnce' flag in code generation but I can't seem to find it even in
the code so we may not have continued it. Dims might remember better.

So it seems the best choice for you would be to use a modified WSDL
for codegen (just as Anne suggested). What we mean by saying a
modified WSDL is a copy of the actual WSDL with just the sequence in
question changed. You can point to this file while generating code and
things should work properly.

Ajith

On 5/17/07, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you know the message structure that the device returns, I suggest
> you modify the WSDL so that it describes the expected result message.
>
> Anne
>
> On 5/16/07, Bernhard Breinbauer <e0025121@student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm having a similar problem as described in the thread: working in .NET,
> > but "Unexpected subelement return" when I try to run as axis2 client
> >
> > My scenario:
> > I have to use a webservice on a proprietary embedded device, therefore i can't
> > change it. Unfortunately the response messages are not composed as described
> > in the wsdl file. One response type in the wsdl has a base type which
> > contains index and name values. The problem ist that the webservice appends
> > them to the end of of the response message instead of to the front. Therefore
> > the sequence of values gets mixed up.
> > My axis2 client bails out when parsing this response message with
> > an "Unexpected subelement" error.
> >
> > I know it is not axis2's fault, but is there a possibility to work around this
> > bug? As mentioned above it is not possible to change the webservice
> > implementation and I don't fancy the option to change the wsdl very much.
> >
> > So does someone has an tip, advice,...?
> >
> > best regards,
> > bernhard
> >

> > PS: I almost forgot: This bug is related to the above mentioned thread because
> > a .Net based client is working. Apparently the .net implementation is more
> > tolerant in this case. (May be a bug in .net :-)

Ajith Ranabahu