axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "John G. Norman" <j...@7fff.com>
Subject Does Axis2 1.2 REST work with POJO service?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:22:21 GMT
Does the Axis2 1.2 REST (oops, I mean, POX over HTTP :-) work with a
POJO service?

The short version of my question is that I'm making a GET request like this:

http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/AddressBookService/findEntry?name=John

But am getting an exception regarding a namespace mismatch

Here's what I did to samples/pojo:

1. Have the default constructor to the sample/pojo AddressBookService
add a couple of Entry. E.g.,

  public AddressBookService() {
    super();
    Entry e1 = new Entry();
    e1.setName("John");
    e1.setStreet("1 Broadway");
    e1.setCity("Cambridge");
    e1.setState("MA");
    e1.setPostalCode("02142");
    Entry e2 = new Entry();
    e2.setName("George");
    e2.setStreet("1600 Penn");
    e2.setCity("Washington");
    e2.setState("DC");
    e2.setPostalCode("01111");
    entries.put(e1.getName(), e1);
    entries.put(e2.getName(), e2);
  }

2. Build and deploy.

3. Try and access the service as follows:

http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/AddressBookService/findEntry?name=John

4. Get exception like this:

Jun 8, 2007 1:56:30 PM
org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver invokeBusinessLogic
SEVERE: Exception occurred while trying to invoke service method findEntry
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: namespace mismatch require
http://service.addressbook.sample/xsd found none
    at org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(RPCMessageReceiver.java:98)
    at org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.java:39)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:144)

5. I haven't added a JIRA -- seems like this one deserves a sanity
check. Anyone?

I found this in my own code where a service which worked via the 1.1.1
Axis2RestServlet worked; but is now seemingly broken in the same way
as the above.

6. As an aside, the documentation here:

    http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/rest-ws.html

is quite thin. The very last section shows a regular GET accessing
version information via
http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2/services/Version/getVersion -- that's
perfectly nice, but showing a few more examples, e.g., accessing a
service with parameters -- would be more realistic. To be sure, one
might write a Java REST client, but I would hazard a guess that many
users are clients are in scripting languages and they just want to hit
the URL and get the XML representation back.