axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian De Pradine <PRAD...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2-1.2] how to omit ReplyTo header in outgoing one-way messages
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:29:45 GMT
Hello Andreas and Chinthaka,

You are correct that the INCLUDE_OPTIONAL_HEADERS property is only used
for 2005/08 addressing. It is used to turn on/off the spec defined
defaulting behaviour with regard to the addressing headers sent in a
message. As the 2004/08 spec does not define similar defaulting behaviour
this property is not used when that spec is engaged.

All that being said, the current behaviour is not correct, so please raise
a JIRA to cover this issue [1].

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote on 28/06/2007 04:01:13:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I looked at the code and in AddressingOutHandler.java:425 it checks
> includeOptionalHeaders property together with the addressing version.
> Basically what it means is that includeOptionalProperty param will only
> work for WS-A final version.
> When I looked at svn history that line was committed by David Illsley,
> so I assume he must have a good reason to do it only for the final
version.
> Let's wait and see why he did that.
>
> I cc'ed this to David also so I hope he will chime in.
>
> Chinthaka
>
> Andreas Bobek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > how can I omit the ReplyTo header in outgoing one way messages? I use
> > submission version of WS-Addressing and a fire-and-forget client. I
> > inspected the addressing code a little bit and found a
> > INCLUDE_OPTIONAL_HEADERS option, but setting it to false was not
successful.

> > Here is the call:
> >
> > public static final void main(String[] s) {
> > try {
> >    String repository = s[0];
> >    ConfigurationContext confCtxt = ConfigurationContextFactory
> >       .createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(repository,
> >          (new File(repository + "/conf/axis2.xml"))
> >             .getAbsolutePath());
> >    ListenerManager listenerManager = new ListenerManager();
> >    listenerManager.init(confCtxt);
> >    listenerManager.start();
> >    Options options = new Options();

options.setSoapVersionURI(SOAP12Constants.SOAP_ENVELOPE_NAMESPACE_URI);
> >    options.setProperty(AddressingConstants.WS_ADDRESSING_VERSION,
> >       AddressingConstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE);
> >    options.setAction("anyAction");

options.setProperty(AddressingConstants.INCLUDE_OPTIONAL_HEADERS,false);