axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vibhor_Sharma" <vsha...@gryphonnetworks.com>
Subject ***********Performance testing web services************
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:32:27 GMT
Hi Experts
      I wanted to know what are the recommended ways of having or doing performance benchmarking
for web services. Normally web services can be tested within your limited testing environments
but the moment you expose them they can be consumed in any manner. You have no control over
the network latency and other parameters that control the internet. So how do we give recomendations
to our customers that this is what they can achieve in a given environment.
Is there any ways we can introduce network latency and give different statistics?

We have used SoapUI, Jmeter to perform load testing. We have also tried to use the standalone
Java test clients, C# clients to achieve the results.

We are using Axis2 1.1.1 for the web services engine and they are deployed on Jboss 4.0.5
GA on Linux (REDHAT) boxes.

Thanks
Vibhor